The cornerstone of the Corsini Collection was laid in the 17th century by Cardinal Neri Corsini, the uncle of Clement XII, who was elected pope in 1730. In 1735, the Florentine Corsini family acquired the old Riario Palace on Via della Lungara, where, in the 17th century, Queen Christina of Sweden lived. After the reconstruction of the palace, the nephew of the Pope, Neri Corsini Junior, together with the librarian and art expert Giovanni Gaetano Bottari, took care of the expansion of the collection. In 1883, the palace and its collection were sold by the Corsini to the state, which made it the seat of the Accademia dei Lincei and the Galleria Nazionale d’Arte Antica. In addition to the Italian and Northern European paintings from the 18th century, we also encounter beautiful bronze sculptures and paintings by Caravaggio, Gentileschi, Poussin, Carracci, Salvator Rosa and other artists of the 17th century. Of great interest is also the original bedroom of Queen Christina of Sweden with frescoes from the late 16th century.