Located just outside the city center, Villa Torlonia, which is perhaps rarely visited by tourists due to its location, occupies a very special position among the Roman villas due to its originality. The villa, which is made up of several complexes of different styles and styles, and the magnificently landscaped English garden go back to the Duke Giovanni Torlonia, who acquired the property in 1797, and his architect Giuseppe Valadier. After the death of Giovanni, the work was continued under his son Alessandro, who had the park, among other things with fake antique ruins, with a theater and the so-called “Capanna Svizzera” (a Swiss-style building) and two large obelisks expand. In 1925, the villa was concessioned by Mussolini, who set up his private residence here. Occupied between 1944 and 1947 by the Anglo-American troops, the villa came into the possession of the city of Rome in 1977, which made the villa accessible to the public the following year. Restored in the 1990s, the villa has been restored to its original glory and makes a visit worthwhile.